Thursday, May 5, 2011

Poison

     There are lots of different kinds of poison in this world. In my case, it's poison ivy. Don't ask me how I got it, although my guess is I got it when we were pulling some weeds the other day. It was a lot of fun, although I must admit, having poison ivy is a lot less fun. The worst thing about poison ivy is that it is difficult to contain once you get it, thus making it difficult to get rid of. The best way to not have to deal with it is to avoid it all together.

     There are also lots of other poisons in the world today, like jealousy, grudges, and hate, that can poison the soul, and cause a lot of problems. And, just like poison ivy, once we have it, it is hard to get rid of. The best way to keep from living with these kinds of poison, like all poisons, is to just avoid it. We do this by filling our minds and our hearts with the good things in life.




    At one point or another, we are all going to have to deal with poisons in our lives. The best antidotes for the internal kind all come from the Savior. We must learn to trust Him and have faith in Him, and as we do, He will heal us. I know this is true. I have seen it many times in my own life. If we do have poison, let us work now to get rid of it, before it spreads even further. The Savior can heal any wound, whether it be great, or small, whether it be on the surface, or buried deep beneath years of pain and hurt. There is nothing better than having that taken from us, and the Savior will do it if we come unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment