Friday, May 20, 2011

Cheesecake

    Well, as I was wondering what to post, I again found myself thinking about starbursts and how wonderful they are...yeah, I love starbursts. That's just how I am. So, since I already posted on my first favorite food, I think I will post on my second favorite...Cheesecake! In all reality, cheesecake may be at the top of my list. It's an internal battle between starbursts and cheesecake that has yet to find a victor.
     Cheesecake is wonderful. I love the texture, the taste, the varieties...even its name. Sometimes, I eat it really quick, but I have found that I usually end up hurting when I do that. I have learned to take it one bite at a time, slowly, savoring each little morsel, bite by bite, piece by piece. This way, I get the most out of it that I possibly can.

Splendid, delicious cheesecake!

    Now, I hope ya'll know me well enough that you can guess what's coming....yep, a gospel analogy. Twenty points to whoever guessed that. Go you! When I look at the Gospel, it is in many ways similar to cheesecake. For one, I love it. I also love the Gospel. Secondly, cheesecake is round. How does that have anything to do with the Gospel you may ask? Well, when we apply the Gospel in our lives, and truly seek after the things of God, it has a way of "rounding" out our lives in such a way that all other aspects of our lives are blessed. Yeah, that was a bit of a stretch, but just go with it. Thank goodness I was saving the best for last. But before you read how cheesecake ultimately relates to the Gospel, please feel free to  sample these next few pieces of cheesecake with your eyes. Yum!


Your classic Strawberry Cheesecake!My favorite of favorites, Blueberry Cheesecake!

I love cheesecake!Rasberry, mmm!

     The last way cheesecake relates to the Gospel would be in how I personally partake of cheesecake - one bite at a time, slowly, savoring each little morsel, bite by bite, piece by piece. The way I eat cheesecake is exactly the way we should take in the Gospel to get the most out of it, slowly but surely, piece by piece, or as God puts it, "Line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little". When we try to take in the Gospel all at one, and do everything perfectly, it becomes overwhelming, just like if you were to try and eat a cheesecake all at one. It would just make you sick!

Line Upon Line, Precept Upon Precept

     Next time you sit down to enjoy some wonderful cheesecake, remember how much you are enjoying it, and how much greater you can enjoy the Gospel, if partaken of correctly, line upon line, precept upon precept. I love this Gospel. It is great. I am grateful that God doesn't give me everything all at one, because I know if He did, it would only make me sick, and I would miss out on so much. I am grateful that as I strive to apply the things I have already learned, God teaches me more, and gives me the chance to understand, ponder, then apply those things before He gives me another bite. And, I am grateful for God's eternal patience as I continue to learn and grow each day, slowly but surely.
'The butterfly becomes only when it's entirely ready' -Chinese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. All I have to say is, "WOW"!!! You're amazing. I loved this analogy.

    ReplyDelete