Thursday, May 19, 2011

Starbursts and Scriptures

    Right now, I am munching on one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world - Starbursts. They are so delicious. I love them so much! If it were the end of the world, and all I had was a bag of Starbursts to ration out over time, I would probably still eat them all up within a couple of days, if not hours. Needless to say, I very much enjoy eating Starbursts. They are sweet, they are easy to take with me wherever I go, and they fill me up with energy and gladness.
starbursts are the best!
   Even though Starbursts are among one of my greatest obsessions in life, the Scriptures are even a step above them. In a way, Starbursts are a lot like the Scriptures. Just like the fact that Starbursts fill me up with energy and help me to get through the day, the Scriptures fill me up with the Spirit, which in turn gives me the strength and energy to get through the day. Both are pretty transportable and indeed, it is a rare moment that I leave the apartment without some of each. And both definitely cause my heart to rejoice in gladness, though admittedly the Scriptures provide a much longer lasting joy in the recesses of my soul than do Starbursts, as delicious as they are.


The Holy Bible and The Book of Mormon


   I love Starbursts. They are great. I love even more the Scriptures and the knowledge and personal application that I gain each and every time I study the words of life found within the pages of the scriptures, both within the Holy Bible and the Book of Mormon. They are wonderful, and as I read them, I feel myself grow closer to God. What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment