Saturday, March 26, 2011

Back to the Basics: Prayer (Supplemental)

    WHAT?! A supplemental? I thought we were done with prayer! Well, before ya'll gather an angry mob, basically, supplemental is a cool word that I used to basically mean, "Hey, I forgot something that I wanted to include with my earlier posts and want to now, but without making it seem like a part 3". Savvy? Good.
     Mostly, I wanted to put in the basics of how we pray. I mean, I talked about what it is, why it is so important, and examples of prayers being answered. But, if we don't know the basics of how to apply it, what's the point? Well, that's why we have this supplemental. I forgot the HOW. So here it is.
    
      First, we address God, our Heavenly Father, since that is who we are speaking to.
   
     Second, we offer up what's in our hearts. We thank Him for the many things that He has given us (Our families, our homes, the Gospel, etc...). We also ask Him for things that we stand in need of, whatever that may be - temporal, spiritually, emotional, so on and so forth. It is also a time where we can ask God to know if something is right or true, and what He would have us do.
   
     Lastly, when we have said all that we want to say, we close in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Pretty simple, right? But it works, and as I said yesterday, God truly does listen to and answers our prayers. Some may ask, "How does God answer my prayers?" Well, that is an excellent question!!! I am so glad you asked! My next post will be covering just that very question. But yeah, prayer is so important and God truly does want to hear from us, because He loves and cares about each and every one of us. I promise you that, because I have seen it many times in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment